Searchtosurf.com is categorized as a browser hijacker that interferes with computer users’ online activities with advanced hack techniques. This redirect virus masks itself as a legitimate website that offers users the function of searching for web, images, videos, etc. However, this website turn out not to be what it is expected to be – it is merely redirect virus attempting to boost website traffic. As dangerous as search.qone8.com browser hijacker, it can attack a computer when users visit suspicious websites associated with the redirect threat. Sometimes it gets installed on the computer via free videos, codes and unprotected downloads. As soon as it finishes its installation, the virus spoils the surfing experience by modifying default homepage of browser forcibly via altering browser settings like DNS setting.
Actually Searchtosurf.com usually pretends to be harmless by the help of its easy- to- use interface. It is able to intrude into the affected computer with the help of legitimate software and automatically install itself on your web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, etc. This redirect virus is able to redirect users’ search results to websites that promote all sorts of products or services. Moreover, the browser hijacker may come along with additional cyber threats, such as Trojans, keyloggers, rogue programs and ransomware. To escape the detection of security software, it will frequently change its name and position and even disable your executable programs. If it can’t be removed timely, other unwanted applications or browser extensions may be installed on the target PC so as to trace and record victims’ browsing cookies. That is to say that users’ personal information and data may be stolen and sent to the remote hackers. The important data including personal documents, login accounts and passwords and other commercial secrets may be stolen. To avoid worse result and a loss of value, you need to work out a solution to remove Searchtosurf.com completely from your computer. Most people will run the installed antivirus programs to scan the system for cyber threats, but to their disappointment, nothing suspicious may be detected. In this case, it is suggested that users manually delete the threat or use a powerful removal tool to solve the problem quickly.
Why should Searchtosurf.com be deleted immediately?
1. It is a dangerous redirect virus that can modify default homepage with its malicious domain and redirect search result to random or weird websites.
2. It downloads and installs unknown toolbars or plug-ins onto users’ browsers. It also drops other types of malware to users’ computers.
3. The redirect virus will greatly decrease the computer performance since it takes up lots of system resources. Sometimes, the CPU usage can reach 100%
4. It can disable the firewall and antivirus program in order to escape from detection and removal. Some programs may fail to start or crash.
5. The malware may even open a backdoor for remote hackers to access and control the affected computer freely.
Best Way to Delete Searchtosurf.com Redirect Virus
Sometimes, this redirect virus still can penetrate into your computer even you have had it secured by an antivirus program. You may run your antivirus program to perform a full system scan, but cannot find any trace of the redirect virus, not to speak of removing it. You may want to know the reason for this. Because it is capable of monitoring your online activities and collecting your cookies and browser history. It takes time for antivirus software to update its virus database. But the best time to delete Searchtosurf.com browser threat is right now and it should be removed instantly. In this case, you can consider manually removing the redirect virus from your computer.
Note: Manual removal is a bit risky for inexperienced users as it involves key parts of computer system. Any puny mistakes during the manual removal process may lead to system crash. A powerful removal tool is highly recommended, if you are not proficient in computer and unsure what to delete during the manual removal process.
Searchtosurf.com Manual Removal Guides:
1. Disable running processes on Windows Task Manager.
1) Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys to activate Windows Task Manager.
2) From Processes tab, find out the associated processes and then right click on the End Process button to totally terminate them.
2. Uninstall associated programs from the computer.
1) Click on Start button, click Control Panel.
2) Click Program, click on Uninstall a Program.
3) From Programs and Features, locate the associated programs of from the applications list, locate the associated programs and then click Uninstall button to remove them.
4) Confirm the uninstall request then follow the wizard to complete the removal.
3. Modify browser settings to stay away from the cyber attacks triggered by the redirect virus.
1) Enable the browser.
2) Revert browser settings and fully remove the associated Internet temp files.
For Internet Explorer
Click Tools-> Go to Internet Options-> Click Advanced tab-> Click on Reset button
For Mozilla Firefox
Click Firefox-> locate Help option-> Go to Troubleshooting Information-> Click Reset Firefox button
For Google Chrome
Click the wrench icon-> Click Settings-> Click Show Advanced Settings link-> Click Reset Browser Settings
3) Reset the browser homepage manually.
For Internet Explorer
Click General from the Internet Options -> type a secure and new web address -> confirm the modification
For Mozilla Firefox
Click Options from the Firefox menu-> Click General tab-> type a secure and new web address -> confirm the changes.
For Google Chrome
Go to Advance section in the Settings-> Click Show Home Button-> Click the displayed Change link-> type a secure and new web address
4. Restart the browser to confirm the modification.
Searchtosurf.com is a browser redirect virus that can affect browser including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. It is mainly used to generate advertising revenue and boost website traffic. Typically, this redirect virus can set its domain URL as users’ default homepage and start page without any permission. Besides, it would install some unknown add-ons to users’ browsers, with the intention of recording and gathering their browsing history and some other confidential data. All in all, quick actions should be taken to completely get rid of Searchtosurf.com for computer protection. In case that the antivirus program cannot remove it, the manual removal method is provided above to help.
However, it is a risky and complicated process to remove the virus manually. If you haven’t sufficient expertise in dealing with program files, processes, .dll files and registry entries, it may lead to mistakes damaging your system. So please be careful during the manual removal operation. If you fail to remove the redirect virus on your own, just download a powerful removal tool and use it to easily and effectively get rid of it from your machine.