QuickSearch 0.0.4 is classified as an adware, which will inject ads on the context of a web page. It is well designed by cyber criminals to boost traffic and generate pop-up ads in order to obtain illegal benefits. Besides, the threat likes to seduce you through some ads which is showed up by some data that it leaves in the computer.
Normally, QuickSearch 0.0.4 makes use of infiltrate ways as implanting itself to some kinds of resources as freeware, shareware and other processes. Some users may acquire the code from sponsored links posted on social networking sites and unfamiliar web pages.
Once infected, QuickSearch 0.0.4 has the ability to get installed on your computer as a browser extension, plug-in or add-on. Some installed programs including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari, are probably disturbed by it greatly. Excessive display of ads and redirect problems can be able to prove the existence of adware. It also adds other unknown toolbars to users’ browsers and installs other unwanted programs to the Windows.
QuickSearch 0.0.4 is capable of helping you gain more wonderful feelings during your browsing, which is an Arabian Nights. It is actually an aggressive computer threat, which can cause a lot of serious troubles. Apart from delivering many annoying ads, it may monitor your online activities and collect your personal information, such as your IP address, search terms, and websites that you have visited. It is strongly suggested that PC users should eliminate this QuickSearch 0.0.4 adware as soon as possible to avoid further damage. Later we list some removal guides for you to get rid of this adware for good.
Why Do You Need to Remove the Adware From the PC?
1. It modifies your browser settings and redirects your search results to dubious websites from which you may be tricked into buying some fake products or downloading malware onto your machine.
2. It lowers the level of your system security, which allows the remote hackers to gain access to your computer easily and further do some malicious things in it.
3. It increases risk of getting infected by other types of malware like virus, Trojan, worm and spyware, which may bring more harm to your computer.
4. It drags down the computer running speed and causes some system problems, like system crash, system freezing and blue screen of death.
How to Remove QuickSearch 0.0.4 from Your Computer?
You can remove this virus manually or automatically. If you do not familiar with computer managements, it is advised to use the automatic tool to help you. An excellent anti-malware program can detect and delete all the infected files more easily and quickly. But if you are sure about the manual removal of the adware, you can manually uninstall it by yourself. Follow the step-by-step instructions to clear the threat.
Step 1: Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys together to bring up Windows Task Manager and stop QuickSearch 0.0.4 related processes there.
Step 2: Remove the adware related programs.
Click the Start Orb and click Control Panel.
Make sure you are in the category view in control panel (indicated in the top right hand corner).
Click Uninstall a Program under the Programs heading.
Search for the adware related programs, click Uninstall from the options at the top of the list.
Click the Start menu and click Control Panel.
Click Switch to Category View, if you are not already in this view.
Click Add or Remove Programs.
Select the adware related programs , and click Change /Remove or Remove.
Press Windows key + R.
Type “control panel” in the box shown and hit Enter.
Go to Uninstall a Program.
Look for the adware related programs , and click Uninstall.
Step 3: In the C drive, find out and delete all adware associated files.
Step 4: Press Windows+ R keys and type “regedit” into the Run box. When the registry editor is opened, search for and delete the adware associated entries completely.
Step 5. Remove all add-ons and extensions.
1. Click Tools > Manage add-ons.
2. Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, search for QuickSearch 0.0.4 adware related add-ons. Highlight them, and disable them.
1. Click the 3 bar options icon or wrench icon and navigate to Tools >Extensions.
2. Search for the adware related extensions and remove them all.
1. Click Tools > Add-ons (Ctrl+Shift+A).
2. Under “Plugins”, search for the adware related add-ons. Disable or remove them. You may also search for other unwanted add-ons under “Extensions”.
Tips for Computer Protection
Before introducing something into your computer, you ought to make clear its running actions online and take more consideration. Please keep in mind that you should not download things beyond the authorized web sites. When you install a new program, remember to select Advanced or Custom installation and uncheck those unwanted additional programs or services during setup.